Monday, April 11, 2005

The Pain

I have been in pain for about a week now.
It started dull and achy then sort of went away.
I have not slept since Friday. The pain is so excruciating
that I can barely control my expressions. So bad that hydrocodone,
800 Milligrams of ibuprophine, and a shot of tequila did nothing.
So now I have naproxen which helps but now I'm so overly tired
I can't relax. Makes me want to scream. I'll try to give you a heads
up before the psychotic episodes begin. But remember I'm sleep
deprived so no promises. The slam was interesting. I'm glad I participated.
There has got to be a way where it could be better.
Maybe bring out poets or someone who knows what they are listening to.
The old couple who were judges kept saying to each other what do you think, I don't know whatever.
Strange.
Two others were heard to say a participant wouldn't make it past the
second round before it started.
Sounds shady.
We will see how this team does.
See if nationals enjoy a nicely recycled Saul Williams piece.
I will let everyone know because.....I will be there!
There are so many things you can do that don't require you to be on a team.
I can't wait!
You can send more than one team from each state.
I'm thinking an all female team in 06'!!!
I know there is a way to do it.
Let's figure it out ladies!
I Love My Friends!!!!!
I bugged them about this and they came in droves.
37 people came to see me last night and it felt good to have them there.
I am loved!
They were all pissed!
I had to get them outside so some wouldn't cause a huge scene.
It was pretty funny!
They left in a flood after I bombed.
That also felt good.
They are loyal only to me.
I am special and not just on the short bus!
I am so glad this is over. Back to my open mics and features.
I have got two more pieces done. A writing maniac I tell ya!

1 comment:

iconpoet said...

Slam my fat, black ass...u know what the science behind that was. But its all good. As usual, the Atlanta team is going to go to Albaqurque and get waxed again. But hey, what can be said?
BTW, did u happen to catch the article that the lady wrote in Creative Loafing about the slam?