Sunday, April 03, 2005

The Countdown Begins

Wow
Wow and more Wow!!!

What a week. We are now on spring break and a much needed one at that.
Java Monkey rocked last night and now we are down to just 1 week till slam!!!
I am going to practice at House of Poets Slam tonight at Mulligans.
I am so ready to take another road trip!
Trying to get some poets together who want to do it!
You wanna hear something strange which also goes to prove my obsession with this slam shit. I dreamed poetry last night.
Freaky right?
But I fucking remembered my dream,
and now I know the shortened version of Chance Encounter.
I timed it this morning, just under three minutes,
I also memorized three other poems the same way and wrote a new one.
I am a freak of fucking poetic nature.
But don't hate!
Poetry through sleep deprivation....... It just could work!
I am also counting down my Birthday!
Can't decide on a performance night party with drums and poetry and music or a drunken orgy party. Both have the strong points but what a decision I have to make.
I really hope my students have stopped reading my page.
I told them it's where I vent which means the occasional explosion of profanity.

I made Zion take medicine last night which he was none to pleased about. He woke up coughing this morning and said " Mom! I told you medicine don't work, and I was right. I don't ever want to take medicine again." By the time I faced him to respond he was snoring. Bossy little sleep talker.
Must go buy grill! Lowe's had a cool one for 99 bucks.
I want to invite some folks over to practice with and drink beer
and grill the carcass of some animal smeared in bbq sauce.
Now doesn't that sound yum?!

No comments: