Tuesday, August 02, 2005

damn

have you ever walked past a chair
and had one of your locks catch in between the space on the back of it,
and have it snatch your ass back with a force
that leaves you sprawled on the floor laughing your ass off
despite the pain in your hips?
add 2 pitchers of beer,
makes it twice as funny,
has that ever happened to you???

me neither....ouch!

i'm too old for this shit!
i could break a hip, then what?
i can hear me now screaming,
" help i've fallen and i cant get up!"
and hearing crickets.
bad.
who will come to my rescue...
you...
i don't think so.
house of poets was cool despite the fact that there were only 6 people in the audience,
one of them kinda scary, very scary, fucking horrifically scary.
thanks friends,
it occurred to me that you folks have seen way too much of me.
so august i will hit it hard and then fade away until the recording of my CD.
it will be all the way live..........
live audience,
i've found the perfect place.
and i'd invite you but you wouldn't come...as usual.
i won't sweat you with the details,
i'll stick with my tried and true,
you know who you are!!!!
wired as always after sex
i mean poetry....
you know what i mean!

1 comment:

Rupert said...

hey, I haven't seen too much of you yet! I plead grand-daughter babysitting duties last night, but i did plan on coming out - ps, i got yer back on the scary person