Wednesday, April 06, 2011

3/30

3/30 Play Date

*disclaimer ~ I don't give hickies anymore unless you ask for them~



you speak in code

tied tongue

dressed in ridiculous

the hoops you’ve designed

for me to jump through don’t exist

or

maybe they do

you just move them to fast

for me and my colorful Chucks

to leap over or around



could be

you don’t want to be caught

just caught up

in a chase

where you roadrunner me into insanity

and if I wasn’t crazy already

it could work

your fake manhole covers

bombs made by ACME

could knock me off some

unforeseen trajectory

could train wreck partner me

back to my sensibilities

maybe I’d finally fall for you



but we seem to love this game

of duck -duck goosed

and sometime I let you catch me

sometime I almost catch you

unless I’m distracted

by the other pretty faces in the room

but even when that happens I come back

and so do you



all that to say

that the hickie

on the side of my face?

was Bad form!

I had to insinuate a lie

now I fear my friends think I have a tumor

at least I had the decency

to put the smiley face hickie

where it could be cover in jeans

so no one would think you

were making out with WAL-MART



so

maybe

we should consider some rules

for this game of

we-don’t-know-each-other

and-don’t-do-what-we-do

when-we-do-it

this catch and release

hid-and-go-get-it



but

we were never really good at rules

with our tendency to seek them out

and break them proper

we should adopt ,however,

the tropics rule

so, imagine your belly button is the Equator

the curve of your shoulder The Tropic of Cancer

the dimple behind your left knee The Tropic of Capricorn

fair game between the tropics (wink, wink)



and I know sometimes

we are all quickie rushed

and may not know which way were going

and this is why

I’ve taken to wearing

a compass around my neck

of course the directions change

depending on the path we chose to follow



but

for now

stop playing

and tell me where you hid my keys and my bra

and tell me in the language I understand

No comments: