Wednesday, April 06, 2011

4/30

4/30 On Last Nights Storm



once upon a time

not too long ago

a storm like this one

would have caused

our skin to ache

an ache only comforted

by the removal of clothes

and the press



I am reminded of one of our storms

we made love outside

neighbors be dammed

patio furniture

becoming accustomed

with new ways to be useful

bare asses to the world

we’d outgrown our closets

long ago



the misting of skin

the rains attempt

to keep our own flames

under control



waking spent

in your arms

memories

turning me

ocean



later

there will be

an argument

one I won’t

participate in cause

I don’t fight

anymore

we will part

with hurt feelings

and

words

we will regret



but this storm

tonight

doesn’t make me

focus on the fight

just the wind,

the lightning

the thunder

whispered I love you’s

pushed from arched backs

hands on flesh

how the feel of this storm

and the thought of you

still turns me



ocean



I wonder if you are watching

am I on your mind

No comments: