Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Escaped!!

I got out of the house for a bit last night and it was great!!!
It was a benefit concert starring the very amazing Doria Roberts!
There was spoken word, African dance and other musicians there, a very cool function.
When I got home I was exhausted , and still could not go to sleep. By three o'clock I gave up pretending that I was going to fall asleep any minute now. So I started laying out my new chap book. Head Games and if I do say so myself, and I do, it looks damn good!
I never know what the appropriate number of poems to put in my books, this one has about 18.
My political pieces are so damn long, they take up three to four pages, seems I have a lot to say.
I am having major poetry withdrawal. I can't wait until I can start going back to open mics.
Since I got out for a bit I'm not feeling so crazy, so my ranting has chilled for the moment.
Sorry, I'll bug out for you again real soon, I'm sure.

No comments: