Friday, February 18, 2005

What the Hell Was I Thinking?

You know how when you were a kid,
not a kid but teenager you thought you were so hip and cool, much like the teenagers today? Well I can't wait for them to have the very sobering experience that I had today, cause damn!
Okay, when I was a teen I was very much into Prince.
Very much into is a huge understatement.
I was a fanatic!
So much so that I saw Purple Rain in the theater over 80 times ( not lying it had a Rocky Horror moment where it played constantly in a couple theaters for months) I would cut school to sit in the theater all day watching this flick.
I made ( yes, I am an accomplished seamstress) at least 12 pair of the pants that he wore in the film, buttons galore and wore them proudly. I took my fashion statement to college where I was kicked out of (or should I say, encouraged to leave) many classes for wearing lace outfits, my chocolate skin showing clearly through the lime green and fushia lace. Bolero hats and lace gloves were staples to my wardrobe. I often only made up half of my face and wore hoop earrings so big they could double for bracelets. All the time I thought I was very hip and cool. And at the time I think I was. But today I had a Prince film festival and I watched all two movies and Graffiti Bridge is the dumbest movie I've ever seen. I wish I could say I was on drugs when I saw it and enjoyed it but sadly, I wasn't. Purple Rain still rocks, if only for the music. All in all the day left me reminiscent of my youth and I still don't know ...................
What The Hell I Was Thinking?
And I wish I knew where my wardrobe was today cause I could recycle a trend!

No comments: